Thursday, March 27, 2008

Judgement Day

Tomorrow is the day. The day I have been hoping for, for 36 days now.
Judgement Day.
We sit and wait until tomorrow, feeling sick to our stomachs, counting down the minutes until we leave.
We will arrive and go through the doors with the grouchy guards, walk through metal dectectors, and then get searched, muttering under our breathe how ridiculous this is to just be here at all.
We will wait until they let us in the room, where many other people either there to support or to not are waiting as well in hopes they will leave satisfied too.
We will all sit in a small court room, and feel uncomfortably sick to our stomachs until the end...and maybe even after.
We will fight the urge to run and touch you, because it is the first time not seeing you through plexi glass.
We will bite our tongues when the crown tries to make a point that tries to make you look like a bad person. Because you are not.
We will listen to the words being said by every party, but most will seem faded out because we just can't focus on what is going on.
We will anticipate the final outcome.
And finally after the last words are said, we will either leave with you or leave without you.

We are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. It is what it is.
This is your judgement day, and we will be there every step of the way.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Dear Sweet Lindsey; My heart is in my stomach. I will be having Joel in my prayers. As well as the rest of the family.

Breathe Lindsey. You can do this. I say this to myself all the time. Breathe, I can do this.

I was sick to my stomach all the time, not only for you and Joel and the family but for myself. It is how I have been feeling because I get some cancer results on Monday. I know th feeling too well.

God Bless you sweetheart.